Sunday, March 15, 2009

Over the Rainbow

Yesterday we went to the annual "River Greening". The fire department turns the St. Mary's river green in honor of St. Patrick's Day and has an all day family fun fest.

The river was quite swollen and muddy due to the recent flooding in the area, so the green dye disipated quite quickly, but I loved how the sun hitting the green stream formed a rainbow!

The girls did not want to go this year. C our middle child's response was... "I don't want to go watch all those Amish people with their ukuleles". I think she meant Irish people with their bagpipes, but I could be wrong. Maybe there were some rogue Amish people playing ukuleles last year that really frightened her. I must say, I would be frightened if I saw that too!!!

We just took P and a friend of his and we had a great time...The boys participated in the Lucky Charms eating contest
We ate Irish Stew
The boys attempted to pull a firetruck
And we even got to see and hear the "Amish Ukulele" players...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like loads of fun! You guys gotta come over to show us how to finger knit!

Lori McDonough said...

Hysterical!!!!! Those Amish ukelele players always make me want to dance a jig. Happy St. Paddy's Day, my Amish cousin...Jeannine O'Cerajewski