Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bathroom Re Do

I wanted to share the progress on my main floor bath re-do.  This was suppose to be one of those quick and easy projects that I would have done in less than a week.  Well a week later, it is not done but I will show you the progress anyway...


This is what the bathroom looked like last week.  I re-did it shortly after we moved in 13+ years ago.

Well, here is what I have complete so far...


I finished painting and distressing the vanity and the medicine cabinet, and got all the wall paper stripped.  We were using DIF to strip the paper, which works great!  However we were afraid that the DIF might mess up my newly painted cabinets so DH put some painters tape around the edges where the cabinets butted up to the wall paper.

All was good until I took the tape off yesterday afternoon (he only put the tape up yesterday morning, so its not like it was there for days and got "too stuck"), and no only did the black paint I just did come off, but so did the primer below that, and the white paint below that, and the original primer I put on before painting the cabinets white (13+ years ago), leaving the original 40+ year old yellow/gold paint along the edges of the medicine cabinet...


There was only one small spot where the tape took paint off the sink cabinet, but pretty much took all the paint off where it was put on the medicine cabinet!

So now I can't decide whether I can just reprime and paint the areas where the paint has come off, or if I need to do the whole thing all over again... I am thinking I am going to try to just do the 2 areas... what do you think?

I've decided to take a break from this project today - a little too frustrated right now.  Plus, DH has to move the light location and patch the hole where the existing light will be so I will wait till he finishes that before I go back in and work on the medicine cabinet!

To see, more creative DIY projects, visit A Soft Place to Land's DIY Day...

In honor of taking a break from this project, I decided to have a giveaway...  You can win this...
 
The post about the giveaway is here... please take a minute to enter!  You can get up to 3 entries - good luck!

3 comments:

Magic Brush said...

Yes, just fix the spots you ripped the off from. This is gonna look great!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

The black cabinets are looks good...can't wait to see how it turns out.