Monday, January 11, 2010

New Original Creation



I love paisley!  I always have!

My daughter M and I were talking about re-doing her bathroom this winter, and she suggested black and white paisley.  I was searching for some black and white paisley wall paper - when I thought about designing my own applique pattern to make paisleys with some of my old scraps of fabric from my overflowing stash.

 I also used some left over ric rac pieces and some mismatched buttons...
 

 
 And I finished it off with some left over ball fringe...

And the back is a cute pink and white cotton gingham (you can't find cotton gingham anymore)!


I even had a pillow form the right size to fit (it is a little big, but just don't look too close at the gap in the buttons on the back)!

I am pretty happy with how it turned out, and it cost me nothing but some time designing and redesigning the paisleys! 

I have another creation that looks completely different using the same paisley patterns that I will show you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Fantastic!!!

Maggie said...

Wow - I love it, what a great job!

Nepperess said...

Very cute! Over from Kimba's.

Lori McDonough said...

so pretty! u are so talented. u amaze me.