Friday, May 8, 2009

Making Progress, I think...

The light of day, and a thought at 4 am of where you put the red with blue roses sheet you wanted to use in the quit, can sometimes make all the difference in the world.

I found the sheet I'd been looking for this morning, and whipped up a couple row to see what it would do for the quilt. I think it adds the punch it needed. However, the red may be a little too "orangie". What do you think? If you click on the pictures you can see a larger image that will give you a clearer picutre of what I mean.

I think if I do 3 rows of the red with blue, and 2 rows of the tan with pink (the next most prominent zig zag), and fill in with the more muted white with blue and white with pink, it just may take shape. I also thought if I outline quilt the zig zags, the other more muted ones will become a little more obvious.

Well, I have about 20 more minutes to work, then off the clean out my overflowing linen closet.

I have a feeling I may find some more treasures for this quilt there. My DH tends to shove every sheet, pillowcase, towel, washcloth, etc... into the linen closet in no order what-so-ever. I have found fabric yardage that I washed, dried, and folded, shoved in there in the past. Great way to make a girl think she is loosing her mind... Buy 3 yards of material, wash it, dry it, fold it, go to bed, and then next afternoon when you want to use it, not be able to find it ANYWHERE!!! Only to find it behind a stack of towels a month later!!!

1 comment:

Lori McDonough said...

oh, J, i love it. you are incredible. what an awesome design. It's really hard to tell the color of the red/orange material...on my monitor it looks a little orangey...but it's super pretty. LOVE all the vintage roses!