Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trash to Treasure

This little foot stool was a garage sale item I got a couple years ago that has been sitting in my garage waiting for me to do something with. I got it for $1.



I finally decided it was time to do something with it or throw it out - and it is oh, so hard for me to throw anything away...



so I painted it and made a new cushion and cover...





I think it turned out pretty cute. The fabric is from one of the Cath Kidston duvet covers I bought earlier in the year. I am going to use some more of it to cover this chair...



(also in my garage for about 2 years, costing me only $2, but still waiting to be rescued) and use them both in my bedroom. As much as I loved my red rose velvet chair I had up there, it really belonged and was need at the lake.

A fresh coat of paint, and some strawberry and white polka dot fabric and it will look fabulous!!! Are you seeing it?

3 comments:

Emily said...

This is amazing! What a transformation! I am dying to see the chair now!!

Anonymous said...

I can sooo feel the love. =) It is such a good feeling when one is able to bring new life to a piece. Great job! Cannot wait to see the chair.

Anonymous said...

You truly have a talent my friend! Sorry I missed you this morning... another time. Have a great weekend!